Sunday, November 1, 2009

Daylight Savings, Exotic Cats and More!

Was everyone else thrilled to get an extra hour of sleep? My cell phone still hasn't updated the new time, but then I realize it's an hour earlier and I have more hours in the day to get things done! Yay!

Sea Star Studios is still in business, and I'm continuing to make new items all the time. I find that I enjoy sculpting and creating infinitely more than photographing and listing items, but unfortunately that's an essential part of online selling, now isn't it?

I have recently begun to feature a new line of animals charms that will help to benefit the zoo where I volunteer! Since August, I have been working as a volunteer zookeeper at a non-profit wild cat breeding facility. EFBC-FCC: http://www.cathouse-fcc.org/

They are world-reknown for their excellent breeding efforts with exotic and critically endangered cats, such as the Amur leopards. Only about 25-40 individuals remain in the wild, and our zoo has one of the largest captive populations of these exquisite creatures.

I began making small wild cat charms and selling at the zoo, all of the proceeds being donated to AAZK: http://aazk.org/. They were a hit! So I decided to also start selling these little charms in my Etsy store. I will be donating 10% of the sales to AAZK and EFBC's Feline Conservation Center.

Here are pictures and links to the first ones I have listed. Eventually I hope to be able to take custom orders; however, for now, stock is limited to only the ones I have already made.

Tigers:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=33459790

Serval:

Photobucket
Photobucket

Leopard:

Photobucket
Photobucket

And finally the cougar, my favorite of all the cats!

Photobucket
Photobucket

And the inspiration for much of my work, EFBC's cougar, Teddy:
Photobucket

Until next time,

<3 Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment