Sunday, December 6, 2009

Finally able to paint!

The unfortunate thing about having to work and be an adult is that it gets in the way of the fun stuff you want to do instead! I would much rather travel, play outside, paint, draw, sculpt, play piano and read but unfortuntely work is a necessary evil so I can actually afford to do all those things. I can't complain, really, though, because I am so thankful to actually be working, AND I love my day job, too.

At any rate, this weekend I was finally able to devote some much-needed time to painting and drawing. It is very soothing and I think necessary to the artist. I have so many ideas that I always want to put on paper. I sometimes go months without drawing, then stay up till all hours when I feel a rush of inspiration and creativity.

That's what happened last night! Please enjoy my latest work. I have the privilege of being able to display some of my work at a trendy salon in Fresno, and I'm hoping to get giclée prints done of some of these so I can show them there.

My work with exotic cats has obviously inspired much of my work!

This is one of my most favorite pieces I've ever done. I love the simplicity of it, and feel that black and white really works well for a tiger portrait.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Graceful yet powerful.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Snow leopard.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And finally, the other creature that inspires the majority of my work. Fancy goldfish are themselves spectacular pieces of art.

Photobucket

Enjoy! Signing off for now, but I'll be back soon to share more artwork and photos.

<3 Jenny

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Blog Award today!! I love your blog & wanted to share it with some of my readers!! Pick 'em up here: www.feltedchicken.blogspot.com

    Thanx
    Chrissy P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love each one of it...esp the goldfish:)

    Cheers
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete