Wednesday, May 20, 2009

in-progress watercolor paintings!



I have been working on some paintings for Art Hop tomorrow night at Strands Salon in Fresno. (If you're in the area, check out Art Hop! Free food, wine, art and fun!)

I am not motivated to be painting right now. I want to be sculpting instead! I love painting but not when I know I HAVE to do it. I guess that's the hard part of being an artist for a living--you're constantly doing what other people want you to do, on their time. I would stop taking custom orders, but it's money, and why would I do that!?

Here are a few paintings I did last night. Even though the lighting is better in the daytime, I only paint at night! My best work happens after midnight, and usually with a glass of wine sitting next to my water and paintbrushes.

3 comments:

  1. Don't dip your paint brush into your wine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could but I'm not drinking. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I paint and drink wine too and I can't tell you how many times I've dipped my brush in my wine glass!

    ReplyDelete