Thursday, May 21, 2009

Make Your Vacation Spot Your Home

This article sums up my dreams entirely!

http://career-advice.monster.com/career-development/Changing-Careers/Make-Your-Vacation-Spot-Your-Home/article.aspx

For years I've either wanted to move to Monterey, CA or Hawaii. Going to Hawaii for a week last summer sure didn't help me any... now I want to be there even more.

Like the article says, for many people this is a pipe dream. And that's true, for a lot of people, it is. A lot of people bloom where they're planted and don't have the desire to pack up and move somewhere else. I guess a result of being a military brat is that now I have the desire to pack up and start a new life constantly. I've been in Central California for almost 20 years now, and I'm more than restless.

Hearing the doctor tell me yesterday that the coastal climate will be much better for me than this place just sealed the deal. Sorry, Kristin and Ericka. But Monterey isn't all that far away. Closer than Honolulu, at least.

1 comment:

  1. Another good article on the heels of the first one: http://career-advice.monster.com/job-search/Getting-Started/Relocation-Moving-Without-a-Job/article.aspx

    The only barrier I have is that whole funds thing. Selling paintings doesn't exactly pay the rent or utilities.

    ReplyDelete