Thursday, July 16, 2009

Long-Lost Friend!

One of my dearest friends found me yesterday! She and I haven't spoken in almost 10 years, and she found me by searching online, thanks to my Google account!

She was an exchange student from Germany at our high school and we became very close friends our senior year. We hung out all the time, and when she moved back to Germany, I actually was able to go and visit her and we had such a good time. We were close and kept in touch, but because of life and crazy schedules, we eventually lost touch.

I was married at the time, but recently changed my name back, and created a Google account so old friends could search for me. No one knew me by my married name, so I made sure people could find me by the name they knew. And lo and behold, my friend found me yesterday after almost 10 years! I was thrilled and about fell over when I realized it was her.

If you are searching for someone, or hoping someone can find you, be sure to create or update a Google account. You can put your name and city you’re currently living in (just so people will know it’s you) but don’t have to put anything personal like address or phone number.

I would definitely recommend doing this to anyone looking for a long lost friend!

1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea. I enjoy connecting with those whom I have known. So far, everybody hits me up on Facebook. I got one such message this evening, the proceeded to talk to him for a few hours and catch up.

    ReplyDelete