Monday, July 27, 2009

What I've Been Working on Lately

Yes, I've been working, even though I've been bad about updating this! I find that I enjoy actually making the pieces infinitely more than I do uploading, editing and posting photos. Those darn photos are a lot of work!

Speaking of work, this is still my sole job and income! I'm constantly on a job hunt, applying for jobs all the time. I would be depressed and down about how hard it is for a 30 year old graphic designer to find work... but at least I have Sea Star Studios to keep me going. (On a side note, did you know that having a college degree can actually HURT your job hunt? Retail stores won't consider me because they think I'll want too much money!)

Anyway, back to the fun work that I do. I love stuffed animals and have collected them my whole life. My bed is currently overrun with sea turtles, seals, mountain lions and puppies and kitties. I refuse to grow up, and I want to encourage others that it's okay to like stuffed animals in your adulthood!

I started a new line of tiny plush animals. They are made from felt and I hand stitch around them. I love the way they've turned out!

Here is a picture of some of the tiny ones I've completed:

Photobucket

Small plush owl I just listed on Etsy:

Photobucket

Small plush barn owl:

Photobucket

Tiny plush kitty, measuring about an inch square!

Photobucket

Tiny stuffed owl.

Photobucket

Here's a picture for size reference. He really is tiny!

Photobucket

I've also made some with loops that can be hung as charms from your purse or phone!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And of course, I've been busy with polymer clay again, too. I sold another little turtle recently which prompted me to try some more, with new colors.

Photobucket

And a teeny tiny dragon I made, measuring only an inch. Love this little guy!

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=28437709

In the last picture, with him on the quarter, you really get just how tiny he is!

Enjoy, and feel free to check out my shop and my Facebook fan page to stay updated on what I've been up to, and what I'll be making and listing soon!

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6775954
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sea-Star-Studios/93187975468

2 comments: