Thursday, July 2, 2009

Recent Artwork--Sketches and Paintings!

I am venturing into the non-profit world by donating my art services to some worthy foundations. I have been interested in helping out The Mountain Lion Foundation for some time now, and they're interested in using some of my artwork on their website and newsletters.

Check out their site here:

http://www.mountainlion.org/index.asp

I have been doing mostly watercolor paintings lately, a departure from my training in acrylics. I was never formally trained in watercolors so I don't know any particular techniques, and like everything else in life, just do what looks good to me!

Young mountain lion (sub-adult):

Photobucket

Adult mountain lions:

Photobucket

Photobucket

There are those who say digital art isn't real art at all. I say it is if you're able to do it on the computer and "for real" with paint or pencil and pen! This was done in Illustrator and is part of a larger piece which is still in progress.

Photobucket

Mountain lion cubs. This is my favorite painting so far! I'm hoping to donate a giclee print of this to be used in a silent auction in a fundraising event.

Photobucket

Some ink sketches, something I haven't done in many years!

Photobucket

Photobucket

And finally, a few other creatures that I love and am inspired by.

Harbor seal painting:

Photobucket

Hooded fancy rat. These are intelligent and very clean pets, and can be trained just like dogs! Mine don't know that yet, however!

Photobucket

Enjoy and please share with a friend! I plan to have giclee prints available of some of these if you're interested. As always, thanks for looking!

~Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment