Saturday, June 6, 2009

San Francisco Road Trip

Last weekend, we went to the Bay Area to visit my grandma for her birthday, and we decided to head up to San Francisco, too.

I kept seeing these strange SNAIL garage sale signs all over town, and was very amused by them!

Photobucket

I had no idea what it was but I was fascinated. Finally my grandma informed me that it was the name of a neighborhood group and SNAIL was an acronym. I still thought it was funny, especially since I have a thing for snails.

I felt the need to post this picture of a pretty lily, too.

Photobucket

Note to self: do not take your sister's boyfriend's huge, four-door, lifted Silverado to the tiny, winding streets of San Francisco! Everywhere we went, our large, lumbering beast of a truck was a spectacle to be seen. I felt I should be waving out the window like I was on a float in a parade.

Photobucket

J.D.'s amazing parking job. He's used to parking a tiny truck.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yeah, we couldn't fit the truck into the parking garages!!

Photobucket

House on a hill:

Photobucket

Yep, this was a tour of people on Segways! It made me laugh, so I kept taking pictures of them!

Photobucket

We always end up going to Chinatown, where they have some great pet stores. (At least for me, because they cater to goldfish owners there). I ended up coming away with a couple snails, including this beautiful nerite, and a new baby calico fantail goldfish.

Photobucket

goldfish,calico
On the way back, we saw a sign advertising a two for one wine sale at Casa de Fruta on Highway 152. Well, being the group of wine lovers that we are, we couldn't pass up a chance to go wine tasting! We ended up coming home with two bottles of Pacheco Pass Appellation Black Muscat Blush. If anyone is traveling that way, I'd really, really recommend wine tasting there! It was free, low-key and fun, and not too crowded when we were there on a Sunday evening.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had tons of fun! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did! We should all go wine tasting there one of these days. I'll take my migraine medicine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww i miss northern cali i saw that house so many time, i always wanted to take a picture.

    ReplyDelete