Tuesday, June 23, 2009

An Update on Random Things!

Sorry I haven't posted in so long. I have lots to say, so that's not the problem! I have a couple trips and photojournals to post on here, so stay tuned over the next couple days for those.

I've had headaches and sinus problems for years, and over the past week, ended up in the ER for a horrible migraine that got progressively worse through the night. See my Facebook page for a lovely gruesome photo of my injured, IV-pricked, bruised arm!

I had the pleasure of visiting the absolutely amazing Exotic Feline Breeding Compound in the Mojave Desert of California: http://www.cathouse-fcc.org/. They had their summer Twilight Tour on Saturday and it was every bit as wonderful as I'd hoped it would be. I took almost 400 photos on that trip, so they will be posted soon!

I had to euthanize my two new goldfish over the past couple days, so that was upsetting. I had hoped to bring them both back to health but wasn't able to, unfortunately. Rest in peace, Pumpkin and little blue fish.

Photobucket

goldfish,calico

The highlight of the last week was rescuing a tiny kitten! He is a beautiful lilac-point Siamese, and he showed up crying in the middle of the night in our yard! It took a couple hours, but I finally was able to grab the little guy. He was feral, dirty and terrified. I'm sure he was abandoned, one of the hordes of kittens born in the low-income neighborhoods nearby. Two have been hit on the busy road by our house and I cringe to think of this little guy crossing that road. One of our kitties was killed there in 1995.

The kitten is so adorable that I'll dedicate a whole entry to him, but for now, bask in his kitten adorable-ness!

Photobucket

Finally, I tore a ligament in my thumb yesterday, and am in a splint. No sculpting for awhile. I hope I'll be able to paint left-handed!

See you all soon, and thanks so much for reading!

~Jenny Swartzbaugh

3 comments:

  1. That new little guy is incredibly cute! Give him a squeeze for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. who could possibly abandon that little sweet heart? will you be adopting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I wasn't planning to since I already had two others. But I worked so hard to save him that I got ridiculously attached! I have such a soft spot for cats, Siamese especially. I don't know how people can just dump them off, especially such an innocent little kitten!

    ReplyDelete