Friday, June 5, 2009

Today's Projects and Adventures

As most of you know, my favorite sculpting medium is polymer clay. (Someday that will change when I get a kiln and can play with regular clay too!)

I have been concentrating on getting existing pieces sold before making new ones, which is one of my challenges. But I had a custom order to make a goldfish sculpture as a memorial to a friend who recently lost a goldfish. His name was Gabriel and he was a beautiful calico fantail. This is the progression of creating him with polymer clay.

Here's how he started out!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Here he is just before I put him in the oven. The white clay is actually translucent, so it looks much brighter and more opaque before it's cooked.

Photobucket

After being cooked! Unfortunately, in trying to make the fins more thin and delicate, I broke the dorsal fin.

Photobucket

Photobucket


I also made a smaller calico goldfish, too.

Photobucket

So that's been my day. While dinner is cooking, I need to start on my other custom order, a koi watercolor! Signing off for now.

~Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment