Friday, June 26, 2009

Mountain Lion Paintings

I've been busy painting this week, after being inspired by visiting a wild cat breeding center this past weekend (expect a photo-heavy post on that soon!!). I follow updates from the Mountain Lion Foundation. Check out their website here: http://www.mountainlion.org/index.asp

They do some amazing work and I am hoping to be able to donate some artwork to them. Mountain lions, like so many apex predators, are often feared and misunderstood. People fear them because they see these sensationalized headlines about attacks on humans. However, those are very few and far between. I've spent much time in nature and the outdoors and mountain lions exist all over California. I spend every free moment looking for them and I've NEVER seen one (I have heard one, though). They are shy, secretive cats that are a rare treat to glimpse in the wild.

Here are a few practice paintings that I've been working on.



Mountain lion cub:

My newest watercolor, a mountain lion cub! on Twitpic

Mountain lion mama:

Here's another mountain lion watercolor painting. I'm on a ro... on Twitpic

No comments:

Post a Comment